Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Pink Cake Balls for the Neighbors

So, it had been a while since I had really talked to any of my neighbors so I thought the least I could do is drop off some treats with a small "Thinking of You" card on it. I can't be that bad of a neighbor if I come bearing gifts right? :) Anyway, these are yellow cake balls dipped in a pink vanilla coating and sprinkled with white nonpeirels. So, you may be wondering, "Why the heck does she only make yellow cake?!"
  1. I don't only make yellow cake but it is one of the most requested flavors I get so I do make it more often than other flavors. My red velvet was the same for a while. People go through phases. :)
  2. Actually, a lot of these desserts are from the same batch of yellow cake. Haha...I am tricking the system. These babies freeze awesome! Can't even tell. :) Plus my yellow cake batch makes like a thousand cake balls.
  3. In all honesty, my baking comes in spurts. I do a lot of baking for a week or so and then I do none for a couple days so really I did all these yellow cake balls in a matter of like 3 days. I wish I had the time (and energy) to bake everyday.....mmm.....
So, there you have it. My confessions. Enjoy.

I actually gave this box of perfection to my dad for Father's Day.
Maybe blue would have been more fitting...





Coming up next......You guessed it!! Yellow Cake Beach Balls!!

6 comments:

  1. You can be my neighbor! Marty keeps asking if you're going to be sure to have all these goodies for us when we get there too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I won't actually.....but I will make you fresh ones. ;P Tee Hee. Of course.... you will be the first on my list to reap the benefits of my craze.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um...we're coming to Utah this weekend! I think this calls for some more cake balls!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that does deserve some cake balls! What's your favorite flavor?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got these! They were so good! I have actually been craving these! what is your recipe for these?
    Lida

    ReplyDelete
  6. The yellow cake recipe is here:
    http://www.sharedessertcompany.com/2011/09/bridal-shower-dessertspink-ruffle-cake.html

    Just combine with your favorite buttercream frosting and dip in vanilla candy melts. Voila!

    ReplyDelete