Saturday, May 5, 2012

Tres Leches Cupcakes with Dulce de Leche Frosting




Tres Leches.
Yeah. We've all heard of it.
That one cake soaked in three types of milk.
So what?....Sounds soggy to me.
Well, that was my thinking before I had a Tres Leches cupcake.
It amazes me how many things I try that I assume I will not like and then they go and blow my mind.
Boom. Mind blown.
Just goes to show I can't trust my gut anymore. I give up.
So anyway, these are real good. I have already gotten a birthday dessert request for them.
See here.
Don't those look great!
They are Tres Leches Cupcakes with a Dulce de Leche Drizzle.
The three milks in this are sweetened condensed milk, evaporated milk and coconut milk.
I love the combination of flavors in this cupcake. It just works.
I was worried that the cupcake was just going to be soggy but since it was refrigerated, it wasn't soggy at all, It has a good texture. The dulce de leche drizzle on top of the dulce de leche buttercream frosting really compliments the cupcake flavors and creates a wonderful ensemble.
Again, it just works. :)
Try them! You won't be disappointed! 
Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment