Friday, January 13, 2012

Black and White Cake Balls

Love Black and White cookies?
Well, here is a great twist for you!
Black and White cake balls!

IMG_6798

These are made of a simple chocolate cake mixed with chocolate frosting and
 dipped in vanilla candy coating, swirled with black vanilla.

IMG_6787

Yes, I will admit this is another Christmas post. The last one though!
I made these for a cookie exchange for someone. When she first approached me with the idea of taking cake balls to a cookie exchange last year, I thought it was such a fun way to jazz it up a bit.
These are cute little black and white ornaments.

IMG_6796

I actually really liked another design I did with these (but forgot to take a picture... doh!)
Use the black vanilla and do a tight back and forth drizzle only on one side.
It really makes it look like a "black and white cookie" theme.
Another option is to dip in all white and let dry, then dip the whole other side in black vanilla, then it would pretty much look identical to a black and white cookie!

IMG_6794

Maybe you should just have fun and do all the designs....

Check out this post to learn how to dip and decorate these babies.
These were amazingly tasty! Give them a try!
Enjoy.
{P.S. I will be posting my chocolate cake recipe online very shortly}

No comments:

Post a Comment