Friday, January 6, 2012

Christmas Tree Mint Truffles

IMG_6880

You will have to forgive me.
Not because it is another Christmas post (tee hee)...

IMG_6844

...but because I put a thousand pictures in this post.
I couldn't decide. They were all so cute!

IMG_6867
But who doesn't love pictures, right?!
IMG_6857

So, these are the famous (or infamous...) mint truffles.
These are an absolute favorite of everyone who tries them. 
IMG_6853
The best part is that they are super duper easy. With only 3 ingredients. I'm still not quite sure why I don't tell everyone I slaved over them all day long or it took 3 days to make...
I actually brought the supplies to work and we made some there!
(Not those pictured)
I did a little mint truffle tutorial for all my coworkers and it was a ton of fun. We all had to work Christmas day so I thought I would at least make it fun!

IMG_6843

I have actually posted this recipe before.
You may remember this post for St. Patty's day....
.....which happens to be coming up. ahem.

IMG_6882

You just take a pack of mint oreos. Yep. Oreos.
Throw them in your food processor until crumby.
Mix in about 4-6 oz cream cheese with your hands
until smooth and creamy.
Use a 1 Tbsp cookie scoop to portion out. Roll into smooth balls.
Throw into the fridge for 15 minutes or so.
Melt your guittard vanilla wafers and dip. done.

IMG_6841

If you want to get all fancy, you can drizzle a little bit of melted mint chips in the shape of a christmas tree!
These were made for a Christmas night dessert.

IMG_6833

So go ahead and make some... right now.

IMG_6866

Share and Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment