Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Banana Berry Smoothie

Here's another smoothie recipe.
Jamba Juice's Banana Berry Smoothie
It was a very tasty berry smoothie! My personal favorite are the more tropical flavors but I will definitely make this one again and enjoy every bit of it!

Banana Berry Smoothie
1/2 cup apple juice
3/4 cup strawberry nectar (I used Jumex brand sold in cans in the juice aisle)
1 cup frozen blueberries
1 banana
1 scoop of raspberry sherbet
1 scoop fat-free vanilla yogurt (I used Greek Gods Vanilla Honey *best brand*)
1 cup of ice

Blend all ingredients in blender until smooth. Share and Enjoy.
This makes 24 ounces. It is not a super thick consistency. Perfect for drinking through a straw.
In case you are wondering, it does not taste overwhelmingly like banana even though banana is in the name. I always worry about that because I like other flavors a little bit better and banana seems to overwhelm other flavors easily. This is a wonderful balance. :) If you do love banana then you can make it more banana-y by adding another half or whole banana!

Ever wonder what to do with that 1/2 cup of smoothie that no one can fit into their stomachs?
I hate to waste anything (yes, we have a compost pile....) so I figured I could have the rest of the smoothie later if I could just save it in the freezer somehow. So this is what I do!

My leftover smoothie makes about 3 popsicles each time!
 These Popsicle Trays were only $6 on amazon. Deal. Definitely worth a tasty treat to enjoy later to decrease wastage and increase healthy sweet tooth satisfaction.


They are a perfect size too, only about 3 inches. Mmm.....
save money by not wasting AND making your own popsicles!

No comments:

Post a Comment