Monday, May 2, 2011

First Communion Butterfly Dessert Bar

Nicholas' First Communion was yesterday! After mass, there was a huge party at the Cottonwood Club of course so Erica and I had the opportunity of doing the dessert bar for it. It was a lot of fun to make the desserts as well as watch everyone eat them! Erica made the cookies and rice krispie pops and I made the cupcakes and cake pops! Teamwork is so nice! Enjoy.
I made the butterflies out of chocolate

Butterfly Dessert Bar

Lemon Drops, Snickerdoodles and Rice Krispie Pops

Yellow Buttercream Butterfly Cake Pops

Spice Cake with Buttercream Frosting and Chocolate Crosses

Red Vines, Chocolate Chips Cookies and Gumballs
 
The Dessertologists: Sara (me) and Erica

The Rice Krispie Pops were Dipped in Chocolate and Vanilla






  

6 comments:

  1. You did a fantastic job of making, baking and setting up for this event!! Yum~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE IT SARA! You are my favorite baking partner. Can't wait to make more creations with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made the magic happen! :D
    We will definitely have to do it again. I am sure there will be plenty of opportunities. You need to teach me your tricks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unbelievable in eye appeal and taste. Such creative artists.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sara you have become a huge inspiration to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really hope so! It is so much fun and really anyone can do it with the right information on how to! It's not that tough but it does take patience and time (and love...). :)

    ReplyDelete