Friday, May 6, 2011

Is it Fate?... Should I Visit the Oracle Now?

I am beginning to think that I have chosen the wrong profession...
Yesterday was "my" day to do with as I pleased and what did I chose to partake in......macarons.
I spent pretty much the entire day making batch after batch of macarons. Purple, Yellow, Green... Pink.
If I didn't have to work today do you know where I would be?...."a grindin' the almonds" is the correct answer.
I drool over the to-die-for dessert stands I see on other's blogs.
I find myself day-dreaming about the copper bowls and food photography books piling up in my amazon wish-list.
When is the next holiday? Cinco de Mayo? Never celebrated it before... I should probably whip up some flan for the in-laws.
The thought of enrolling in pastry/dessert school has actually crossed my mind but that is pretty unrealistic plus think of all the fun I can have in my very own kitchen at my own leisure during the time I would be in class. I like the "trial and error" method. Well...it's more like the "trial, error, scream then research" method.
I really enjoy the science behind dessert making: dessertology? sucrology? It makes sweet sense and consistency out of flour voo doo.
I have truely loved what I call "the blog phenomenon" that has allowed extremeley talented chefs to share their experiences and recipes with blossoming home bakers like myself through the simple click of the mouse. Some of the blogs I often find myself returning to include Tartelette, Kitchen Musings, and My Sweet and Saucy.
They inspire me to create and think outside of the box.... or carton or bag.

My current love is with the French Macaron.
Tricksy little devils they are.
I love their elegance and simplicity not to mention the fact that they are french and everything french is fancy and exotic. :) (Too bad I can't remember my french from many years ago.)
You can expect to see a few posts regarding macarons very soon. (When I get back from vacay!)
J'aime macarons.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Sara, I thought of you the other day when my friend received for mothers day this amazing cupcake bouquet. google it, you will LOVE it with all your cupcake baking. so easy too

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard of those! I will definitely have to try it sometime!

    ReplyDelete