Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Happy Birthday to My Ben!


Today is a monumentous day and Camille says it best so I am going to let her do the talking right now. Enjoy. 

A Birthday To Remember


WE DID IT!!!

We have now officially reached our goal of making 100 totes! ONE HUNDRED! AMAZING!



We will still gladly take donations and continue making totes as long as we can. You can find the original list of items needed by clicking here.


Thank you to everyone who has helped make this possible!


Now excuse me while I shift gears.

I can't think of a better day for this goal to have happened.


You see, today (12/12/12) just so happens to be Ben's 32nd birthday.  As my sister Emily said, "He's not a newborn, but today is definitely a miracle birthday".  

My sweet, amazing, courageous brother is nearing the end of his life.  You can tell he is worn out, exhausted and ready to go on to his mission in heaven.  But his body is a strong one and is putting up a good fight against this darn cancer.  So, he got to live to see another milestone with his sweet Sara, always by his side.


I can't think of a better way to honor him, than to officially say that we will be donating 100+ "Essential Totes" to Huntsman Cancer Institute in his honor.


Ben - your name will be in every single one.  The people receiving these will know that they are made from countless people who love and care about you.  


Your name will go on doing good in this world long after you have gone.  


And although you have never been one for hoopla, fanfair, attention or being fussed over...YOU DESERVE THIS and more.  


Thank you for the example of patience, unconditional love, loyalty, endurance, courage and faith.


I love you!


Many people love you!


And I'm sure those in heaven are anxious to have you back.  But I'm glad they are waiting patiently while we spend these precious moments with you.
This is just awesome. :) Thank You.
This is my tribute to Ben on his 32nd Birthday.


12/12/12
"My Sweet Ben, Happy Birthday. We made it to another milestone. You mean more to me than life itself. I truly feel like the luckiest person in the world to have been blessed with such a wonderful best friend, handyman, husband and eternal partner. For 10 years we have walked a pretty interesting path. Sometimes it was smooth, sometimes it felt like hot coals, and sometimes it felt like we weren't walking at all but tumbling down a mountain. But through it all we were always side by side and we always got up, dusted off and continued down the path that was laid before us hand in hand. And we always will. If you can't walk, I will carry you. I love you."

I said to Ben "Look at how many people love you... and I love you more than all of them combined. How can you even handle that?! I'm surprised you haven't exploded from love!"
:)

I want to thank you personally for donating to the totes and we continue to welcome donations.
Since we have reached 100 totes already, if you would like to help Ben and contribute to things he cares about I would also ask that you consider helping out Oaklynn. This is our cousin's little girl. She was born with Rett syndrome. Rett syndrome causes symptoms of autism, epilepsy, cerebral palsy, Parkinson's and anxiety all in one little girl. She can't walk and she can't talk. As you can imagine, this is a huge ordeal for any family and the bills start piling up. 
A little love and help goes a long way.
Oaklynn's darling mom, Whitney, is currently selling t-shirts in which a portion of the money goes to Oaklynn's benefit fund. These t-shirts would make a great Christmas gift or stocking stuffer and it would give much more to the receiver than a simple t-shirt.


Click HERE to purchase one of these t-shirts to help Oaklynn get the care she needs. They are only $13. Whitney needs to get at least 50 shirts purchased to be able to put the order through. Right now 16 have been purchased. Let's help get those other 34 sold! We only have 10 days left!
Plus the shirt is so cute! Just look at it! Perfect for a runner too!

Please visit her website My Silent Angels Fight
Let's be Oaklynn's angels.
We love you more than anything and may God bless you in this wonderful Christmas Season.

3 comments:

  1. Oh gosh... way to make me cry. First of the BEAUTIFUL post about Ben by both Camille and you. He is a great example to many people (not to mention has such an amazing family support system). Second of all, THANK YOU for posting about Oaklynn. I hope she continues to touch the lives of many people, as she has mine. She is for sure my silent angel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! And love the idea of spreading the love to something else Ben cares about. People are so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Ben!! What a sweet post:) Sara you are amazing and I just love you guys so much. We are always praying for you. My little boys always say don't forget to pray for cousin Ben. You are right so many people love BEN!!

    ReplyDelete