Friday, December 28, 2012

Olive Garden's Fettuccine Alfredo Recipe


One of Ben's favorite dishes is the Fettuccine Alfredo from Olive Garden. Their Alfredo sauce is just like no other. We have yet to find a better one.
His appetite has constantly decreased, especially over the last week, so I decided to resurrect some of his favorite recipes in hopes to ruse him into thinking he likes food again. The one that sounded tolerable today was Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo.


We had attempted a recipe quite a while ago and it was pretty good- well, it was the best one we had made at home- but it wasn't quite there. The other day I found a recipe that I decided to give a go. It tastes exactly the same as what I remember from the restaurant! I am happy I found the keeper.
 I would be proud to serve it to guests. :)
Here she be.
Olive Garden's Fettuccine Alfredo 
Serves: 6-8

Ingredients
1/2 cup unsalted butter
2 tablespoons cream cheese
1 pint heavy cream
1 teaspoon garlic powder (not salt)
salt to taste (~ 2 pinches)
black pepper to taste (~1 pinch)
2/3 cup fresh Parmesan cheese grated very fine
1 lb fettuccine pasta, prepared as directed
Chicken- boneless, skinless breast (optional)

Directions
If adding chicken, heat oven to 350 degrees. Start water to boil for pasta and cook as directed. Place chicken breasts on a baking pan with slotted grooves or a rack on a baking sheet. Salt as preferred on both sides and bake for 16 minutes turning have way through. Meanwhile. over medium heat, melt butter in a medium saucepan. When butter is melted, add cream cheese. When cream cheese has softened a bit, add heavy cream, garlic, salt and pepper. Simmer over low-medium heat for 15-20 (20 if you have time). Stir regularly. Remove from heat and add the Parmesan cheese. Stir, allowing cheese to melt in the mixture. Serve immediately over hot fettuccine noodles. Slice chicken and serve on top. Voila.

Now that's delectable! These are the times when your eyes are always bigger than your stomach!
What I love about this recipe is that it takes less than half an hour from start to finish! I'll say!
Also, this is my favorite way of cooking chicken if you want it tender and juicy. It's a miracle method and you can cook a lot at one time. Try it.
Here is where I found the original recipe. I just added some information to this great recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment